3 cups sweet potatoes
2 tbsp ghee, melted (I use this brand)
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp cinnamon
1 ripe banana, mashed
Pecan Topping Ingredients
1½ cup pecans
¼ cup real maple syrup
¼ cup ghee, melted
½ tsp vanilla extract
1½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into roughly 1-inch pieces. Spread in a single layer on the foil.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until tender to a fork.
- Add the baked sweet potato to a food processor with the remaining casserole ingredients.
- Pulse the casserole mixture until combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all pecan topping ingredients until well coated.
- Spray a 9 x 9-inch pan with coconut oil.
- Spread casserole mixture evenly into pan. Top with pecan mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Keywords: casserole, sweet potato, dairy free, gluten free, holiday meals